Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Story: A Journey to Discovering Purpose -- Part III The Final Chapter -- Where the Story Begins...


My Story: A Journey to Discovering Purpose -- Part III The Final Chapter -- Where the Story Begins...
December 21, 2014

"Together We Rise, Divided We Fall" ~BK 

Parts I & II to this story can be read here & here

"When we turn a blind eye to the suffering of others, we grow numb to something important in ourselves and succumb eventually to a spiritual paralysis."

That's what this little story of mine is really all about. I've woken up from the fog of complacency. I believe this shift within me is the result of a massive shift playing itself out within the collective, across the entire plant, and beyond. In fact, I'm certain this is the case. My hope is that this set of posts will bring others who share my passion forward. This is my message:


The true mission of this business we're rolling out, isn't about selling shirts, Argan oil, jewelry or any "thing" for that matter. It's about putting our energy into a project we feel strongly will make a difference, and hopefully inspiring others to create generosity projects of their own. It's about enriching our lives by enriching the lives of others. Spiritual rhetoric doesn't end suffering, it doesn't stop child sex trafficking, it doesn't stop the spraying of chem trails, or shift the energies of war, greed or hate. Only committed people that share similar core values and a vision for a better world can accomplish such a feat.

"We need to awaken to a common consciousness of all being inhabitants of Earth. This consciousness is not to be found in some distant place. It will not be found on a computer screen. It lies in our hearts, in our ability to share the pain of our fellow human beings. It is the spirit that says: “As long as you are suffering, whoever you are and whatever your suffering may be, I suffer also.”

It is only recently that I had to take a good long look in the mirror and ask myself, what am I really doing to change the status quo? 

My name is Brian Kelly & this project is an outward manifestation of an inward desire to help make the world a better place. This is my story...

 

It's already seeded in our youth. Take a look and see a beautiful example of how easy change can be...



Part I was all about my personal journey, where I fell, how I picked myself back up and what I learned along the way. In Part II I laid out all my research and findings as well as my personal plan to be part of the Revolution of Change. In Part III I will reveal the project in more detail, focusing on the aspects of finding a team of like minds and building a tribal community of world changers.

This whole project started with a very simple idea. Secure, package, sell 100% pure organic Moroccan Argan Oil to raise funds for sustainable community projects. Here is the chart I showed in my video with Hope, showing the explosive global demand for the oil. Plus, this stuff is amazing for the body on so many levels, it was a very exciting prospect to leverage a high demand product like Argan Oil, as a means to support our first intended project.







The need to promote, support and rally around sustainability is very real and has a direct impact on the lives of all 7+ billion of us. This concept underwent many series of evolution.





Which leads me to my next revelation.

Moral of the Story #14: IDEAS ARE ALWAYS IN A CONSTANT STATE OF EVOLUTION. EMBRACE THE PROCESS OF CHANGE.

First creation: Essence of Sahara
Objective: Discover & deliver nature's best kept health and wellness secrets from Morocco for the healing of mind, body & soul.
Challenge: Major disconnect from our personal experience. Inauthentic. It felt like we were a couple guys launching a cosmetics company.Also, the same reason why we had to evolve only from supporting sustainable communities. No personal experience makes connecting to a project very difficult.

First evolution: Essence of Gaia
Same as above: Same as above, but a broader scope of offerings from around the world.
Evolution of concept: Moringa grows wild on Bolo land. The addition of this mega super food added an exciting new prospect for the developing project.


Challenge: The same disconnect. No real experience based connection to the message. Still a major component missing to bring the whole thing together.



After discovering Sevenly, the social business model and the generosity movement, it was time for a complete overhaul of the concept.

Current Project: 9 Gifts of Gaia
Mission: Raise funding & awareness to support some of the world's most worthy causes. Focusing on four key categories, as mentioned in Part II: poverty, education, innovation and sustainability.
Vision: Inspire a global tribe of world changers. People from all around the planet ready to unite under a common vision for a new world.

After my last post someone asked me what kinds of other projects we plan to support after Kiva. Here's a sneak peak into one of them we're looking at now. This one would fall into the poverty, innovation and sustainability categories:

Instead of supporting the company direct, we would purchase the units and donate them to villages who lack access to clean, safe, drinkable water.

Desolenator old video from Desolenator on Vimeo.

What we DO, taken from our FB Fan Page:

For every item purchased we Pay It Forward $9 to a worthy cause. We offer custom cause apparel, print art, organic health & wellness products, hand made jewelry & more. Conscious commerce to Inspire, Empower and change lives.
Why 9?

All about numerology. The number 9 is a number of universal love, spiritual awakening, consciousness and empathy, service to humanity, philanthropy, charity, selflessness, generosity, compassion, strength, responsibility, and all that is good within and among us.



How it works:

1. We Select A Cause
One of the major challenges facing humanity today is a lack of funding & awareness for some of the world's greatest & most worthy causes. With your support, every month we'll launch a new cause campaign. Custom limited edition T-shirts and prints will be designed to share the mission of that month's cause.

 


2. Cause Is Shared Through Social Media
As each item is sold, awareness for the cause is raised, & 9 Gifts of Gaia Pays It Forward $9 to support the cause effort.



3. We Change the World
Buckminster Fuller said, "It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a higher standard of living than any have ever known. It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary. War is obsolete. It is a matter of converting the high technology from weaponry to livingry." The world's next great journey, begins with YOU!


This initiative wouldn't work if I didn't fully believe the majority of humanity has a deep desire to help make the world a better place. This model gives anyone with a computer or phone with an internet connection an opportunity to help spread the message which will impact the lives of real people from all over the planet. We know this model works simply by researching companies like Sevenly and Tom's Shoes, another huge generosity based business success story.


Even if people can't afford to buy a product or a shirt, helping spread the message by word of mouth and on social media is equally, if not more valuable, than making a purchase.

A transparent breakdown of the revenue model:

Short sleeve shirts will sell for: $26 (avg price)
Our cost depends on quantity of order: $8 (avg price for high quality shirt + printing)
Pay It Forward amount: $9
Profit before expenses: $9
(Price for Argan Oil is still in development)



Our launch goal is to sell 1,000 shirts/products in our first month. That's $9,000 that goes directly toward funding Kiva micro loans. In $25 loan increments, we affect the lives of 360 people.

Our success will be judged not simply by profit, but by how many lives we touch. When we reach the above goal, this by itself is a huge accomplishment. I will happily film myself dancing in the street and put on YouTube for all to see. I promise ;)
 People like Mourice will be able to buy seeds to increase his farming production

Mohammod can rebuild his house destroyed by the last war in Gaza

Hazina in Kenya can start her horticulture farming project. 

Chantha can pay for her son's tuition to attend the University in Cambodia


That leaves $9,000 to cover all of our monthly business expenses and basic survival needs. Other costs will include marketing, sales, promotions, customer service, affiliate support, website management, social media management, operations, PR, shipping (oil), and a few other misc items.


That's not the end of the giving cycle. Remember, 98% of Kiva loans are paid back, usually within 12 months, considering most are very small amounts. As funds are returned, the process repeats, funding new entrepreneurial projects and pulling more and more people out of poverty, over and over and over again. The result: a self looping system of giving, that touches many lives.





As powerful as the fund raising aspect of this model can and will be, I believe the greatest effect will come in the raising of awareness for so many great initiatives that need the exposure. When the campaign gets spread throughout social media and on various blogs, even if the greater majority of people don't purchase a product, they still learn about the cause.

Prediction: 2015 will be the year which marks a major rise in the Generosity Based Business Model. Companies will form purely from a desire to make the world a better place. Existing businesses will change their models to incorporate a giving aspect that supports a cause. The concept of business, like money, will be redefined as a tool for CHANGE. 

This creation represents our collective mission to be an example for other businesses that this model is the way of the future. How powerful of an idea it is to envision a world where it becomes common place for consumers to ask at each point of purchase, "what cause does this shirt, baseball glove, lamp, car, book, home remodeling project, fill in the ________ support?" In a world where 87% of consumers polled said they would switch from one brand to another if the brand supports a cause, the sustainability and livelihood of business will depend on the shift of focus from Profit to People. 

"One small act can create ripples of change." 

Here is proof. This exchange is a great illustration of what it means to follow the energetic trial.

I found Dr. Sandy on Etsy while looking for a birthday present for my mom. Part of our vision for this project is to find other talented, artists, artisans and entrepreneurs to have them join the giving movement by offering their products through our web platform. This is the conversation that transpired.



"Hi Sandra! Just wanted to extend a big THANK YOU for your wonderful necklace and even more incredible service! My mom got the pendant, and opened it with me on Skype video and LOVED it :) ...and the hand written note is such a nice touch. You have proven yourself to be much more than a beautiful jewelry dealer. I would love the opportunity to work with you and represent your products on 9 Gifts of Gaia. As of this now moment, we're still a few weeks out from launching but making great strides daily. Let me share with you our mission statement to see if it resonates and then YOU can tell me if you are interested in learning more. Sound good?

About 9 Gifts of Gaia: 
9 Gifts of Gaia was founded in 2014 by a small group of change makers who shared the mission of leading a generation toward kindness and generosity, by the power of giving. Based on a core belief that all human beings have "unlimited potential, unlimited capacity and unlimited creativity", they began a journey to do their part in helping inspire social change in the one place it matters most, within the hearts of the people. Supporting the "pay it forward" movement worldwide, 9 Gifts of Gaia launches by partnering with Kiva, inviting customers to purchase products that gives $9 to help ease the strains of poverty by supporting under privileged entrepreneurs with great ideas in developing countries. 9 Gifts of Gaia is committed to this model of empowering people to empower themselves. Because the only way to make a lasting difference is by "being the change we want to see in the world."

WE ARE THE VALUE 
All of our products will be holistic, healthy, natural and eco-friendly. So your jewelry would fit right in. Of course we would have to discuss the details,, but let me know if this resonates with you so far. Thanks again for all you do!! <3" 
Brian
Here is her response which absolutely blew me away:
Dr Sandra Nov 17, 2014

Wow, Brian, you have no idea how PERFECTLY 9 Gifts of Gaia resonate with me and my life's work. I have been in humanitarian work for many years and about 15 years ago was the head of communications for one of the world's largest health organizations. I traveled to Zambia to document the plight of the street children there and have visited people in both Africa and Mexico who are known as "pickers" -- people who live in the enormous garbage dumps in developing countries and make their living by picking through the garbage that others throw away. I wrote, designed and produced the bi-monthly international newsletter that reached out to people all over the world. My message was continually to reach out, lift up, help others to help themselves through compassionate outreach.
 
I was also the head of Humane Education at Best Friends Animal Society for a number of years, writing and implementing national programs on kindness and compassion for animals, with the intent that if we teach our children kindness and compassion to animals, it will translate and resonate to kindness and compassion for human beings.
In the work I did for developing countries, we focused on teaching communities about nutrition and helping them to start gardens, teaching them the basics of sanitation and health care, training midwives in basic nursing, teaching them how to dig clean latrines and provide assistance in creating channels for clean water. We trained women to have a trade so that they could come off the streets to feed their children and make a healthy living. Helping the world’s children has been a driving force of my life since I was very, very young, and continues to be my life’s mission and work.
 
The thread that runs through my jewelry is founded in that, and I have continually prayed for the voice of my creative efforts to be that very message. I am also an interfaith minister, honoring all paths and individuals, crossing the invisible barriers of separation as we are all one spirit under God. I have a reverence for life, and that includes all people, all nationalities and creeds, and all living beings to the tiniest among us. My bumper sticker on my car is Gandhi’s quote, “Be the change you want to see in the world,” and I have a pendant that says that as well. This is the message.
I am also a fine artist, and I am attaching here a piece that I drew of a mother and child that I met in Zambia. The mother had lost her husband and 5 of her 7 children. She was care worn and yet had incredible strength of spirit. But her child was bright with hope and promise, with dreams of having a fine education and becoming a doctor. Mind you, they had nothing but the rags on their back – no home, no food, no shelter, no water, no possessions. But the hope of the world was in that child’s eyes. I started a book when I came back from Zambia called “The Angels of Africa” and I don’t know whether or not it will ever be finished, but I have morphed that narrative into other work over the past few years. It might take on a different form, but the message is the same. Anyway, that is what the drawing is. It is called "Madonna of the Fields."
 
I would be more than honored to have my jewelry in 9 Gifts of Gaia – and in fact, after the holidays I am starting a new line of sterling silver sculptured jewelry pieces that will carry the message through pieces that will last for literally hundreds of years. So more to come! 
Thank you so so so much for recognizing the message I have been trying to convey through my work. This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to do. My husband and I have another shop we are developing called “Living Spirit Wisdoms” where we will carry exclusively the universal messages of compassion, kindness, caring, empathy and grace through the wisdoms of sages and philosophers from around the world and through time, to keep those voices going, and reaching out to others to encourage them to reach out in turn. 
So thank you, Brian! I am 1000% on board with your mission and would be honored to have my work in 9 Gifts of Gaia. It is a wonderful concept and one which is resonate with my own life’s work. 
YES!!! 
And please gift your mom my very best. It was a joy to make her pendant and I hope she enjoys it for a long time to come. 
Blessings, Sandra 
P.S. My personal email address is _____ Rather than writing in an Etsy convo, you can write to me there. Our phone number is ________ and we live in Sedona, AZ.
P.P.S. My doctorate is in Humane Spiritual Studies. 
(this is Dr. Sandy's painting)

(these are Dr. Sandy's pendants. She has close to 1,000 five star reviews on Etsy)

More beautiful connection has since taken place, but you get the idea. Dr. Sandy is just one of the millions of beautiful souls all around the world who share a common vision for a better world. This is a great illustration of how power amplifies when we come together to rally around a unified vision. 
The pendant on the left is one of our designs. The flower of life on the right is the one I bought for my mom. She LOVED it :). Dr. Sandy has nearly 1,000 5 star reviews on Etsy for her pendants. Delighted to have her as part of the Generosity Tribe!

Moral of the Story #14: WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF OTHERS ALL AROUND THE WORLD WITH THE SAME PASSION

All we have to do is find them....

Here's one more example. Tony is a retired advertising executive who has represented the majority of the top 20 blue chip companies in the U.S. I hired him on Fiverr (global platform for contracting services) to help me with some taglines & slogans. To my surprise, he rejected the order. I got a strong sense he didn't believe in the authenticity of the project, likely as a result of me not explaining it well enough. He didn't understand what it was I was looking for, and as a result he didn't think I would like what he came up with and it wasn't worth me giving him a bad review. 

Instead of getting angry or offended and walking away, I thanked him for the extreme dose of criticism, as well as his brutal honesty and candor. I think this shocked him a bit :)

What ensued was my offering him an alternative. "Do the job and I'll give you a 5 star review just for being honest, whether or not I like what you come up with." He honored my genuine and heartfelt approach and accepted. This dialogue was ultimately what transpired. 



Tony now refuses to accept any payment for the work he does for me. This is a great example of how when we're passionate about what we're doing, others will share the passion and great things can get done without having a big budget to work with. 

One of the taglines he came up with: "Together let's do something amazing everyday." <3 He no longer allows me to pay him anything for his services. A true believer. Thank you Tony. 

An African proverb says, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others.”

Our vision for the future? Dr. Sandy is just the beginning. One day we hope to become a global market place for Generosity products that give back. 

As of this post, we're getting ready to launch our crowdfunding campaign around the 1st of the year to raise some startup capital. Looking to bring in $10,000, which will be used to develop out our website, purchase our first bulk order of argan oil for distribution to the US, Russia, Norway and a few other countries, to start. Also gives us a marketing and promotions budget to extend our reach on social media, offer samples, do giveaways, etc. It will be the smallest amount of funds I've ever launched a business with, but considering it's all web based I have no doubt in our ability to make it work!



More confirmation: since posting the last two parts of this story, I've already received emails from people asking where they can buy shirts. We also have a few retailers lined up who are very interested in carrying our Argan Oil. All connections through people we know ;)

Thus far, we've managed to accomplish quite a bit on our own with a small amount of support from a close friend to use for purchasing the web domain and theme, a few jobs on Fiverr, as well as a trip down to SW Morocco to find the Argan oil. Having Jorge Cortez as a business partner, who's a top notch graphic designer helps tremendously, as well. His work is incredible and we make a great team. Need some amazing art created for your project? Get in touch with Jorge direct here: http://jorge-cortez.blogspot.no/

Here is a common factor that has stopped many people I've known over the years from launching a project, business or idea...

(a snapshot of my current bank balance)

Moral of the Story #15: IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME

A lack of funds is a great excuse. I've used it myself many times to stop the momentum of pursuing something I'm passionate about. What I know now is that Passion & Purpose go hand in hand. The former leads directly to the ladder.

"If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose." Or, as Bashar says, "follow your highest excitement." 

This passion is what has led me to where I AM now. Creating a project I'm excited about. Finding others who share my excitement. Building a tribe of movers and shakers who want to change the world.

Big corporations are dying because they have no genuine authenticity. What people are searching for en masse, is to be a part of something greater than themselves. To be a part of a larger global community of like minds and like hearts. People want connection. They want inspiration. They want to feel empowered and help others feel the same. I know because I'm one of these people. We are on the verge of great change on this planet. Change that has been prophecized for thousands of years.

One of the many shifts we are about to see is a shift to what Amish Shah calls "The New Tribal Economy." Amish has a story very similar to my own. This video has provided much amazing inspiration.I highly recommend bookmarking and giving it a watch. He also lives in Encinitas where I'm from...cool synchronicity ;)


Here is the message I sent to Amish on FB after watching his video:
"Great stuff Amish! I was forwarded your documentary by a friend and was absolutely blown away. The way that you are grounding key business fundamentals with higher consciousness is absolutely legendary! No surprise seeing you in Encinitas my former home town. Just what little pieces I've seen of your work have inspired a complete directional change with the project I'm working on now, so from the bottom of my heart thank you for the inspiration! Will be talking about you soon live on the radio as well Namaste brother!"
The program Amish is about to launch is called Tribe500. It's all about finding and building a tribe, using the internet and a series of effective marketing tools as a means of doing so. Right now, I'm trying to raise the first installment of $300 (total $900 over 3 months) for the course which starts on January 5th. If this story has inspired and you see the vision, I'm happily accepting heart donations, which can be sent to my paypal at 9giftsofgaia@gmail.com. 10% of the donation amount will go toward funding our first round of Kiva loans :)



Well folks, writing this series of posts has been quite the experience. Getting it out has assisted me greatly in the constant process of continuing to hone in on my mission and vision. I hope that sharing this story has offered some inspiration to anyone on the fence of pursuing a dream. It doesn't have to be launching a business. Passion and purpose can be found in an infinite number of forms. The key is in finding what that is for each of us individually. I hope that sharing my story of finding purpose in my own life, holds within it a few golden nuggets to help others find theirs.

We are infinite beings with infinite potential. Lets Unite and use our collective power to make 2015 the year of great change, abundance and prosperity for ALL!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much to everyone for all of your incredible support!! And remember: 


Please go and checkout our Facebook Fan Page and give us a like to receive updates. Will be getting on Tsu soon as well :) www.facebook.com/9giftsofgaia

If you are interested in being a 9 Gifts of Gaia affiliate, send me an email to 9giftsofgaia@gmail.com.  Also we're looking for people with the following talents:

Social Media Manager
Content Developers (copy writers)
Customer Service Rep
Affiliates
Web Development
Re-seller contacts for the Argan Oil (spas, boutiques, salons, etc.)
Promotions team for crowdfunding campaign
Pre-launch promotions team

Remember: Like I said in my "How Giving Changed My Life" video from Part I, "it doesn't take monster objectives to change the world. Sometimes all it takes is a smile." :)

Here are a few simple ideas that help to make the world a better place:


I leave you with some more awesome Jorge Cortez designs :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...